- Sear on a hot griddle pan.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place in oven, cook at 110°C for 45 minutes or until core temperature reaches 62°C.
The juices from the lamb are placed in a pot, reduced until it reached a syrupy texture. The reduction is mixed with the herb oil below.
Side dish (for 6 people)
- Julienned parsley root, peel left on.
- Jerusalem artichokes, julienned.
- Rainbow carrots, julienned.
- Fennel, julienned.
- handful of whole thyme, rosemary, oregano from bundle.
- garlic cloves.
Rinse vegetables whole and chop them on site. Sautè vegetables in oil and place them and the whole herbs with the leg of lamb for the last few minutes of cooking.
Add sea salt and pepper according to taste.
Herb oil made in a food processor
- Parsley, 1 bundle
- Basil, 1 bundle
- Rosemary, 1/2 bundle
- Thyme, 1 bundle
- Oregano, 1/2 bundle
- Sage, 1/2 bundle
- Cooking oil, 2 dl
- Sea salt, 10 gr
- Black pepper, roughly crushed, 5 gr
- Mustard seeds, crushed, 5 gr
- Lemon juice.
- All ingredients mixed in a food processor.
Vegetables placed in a large dish
Inner thigh from lamb cut away and sliced.
Leg of lamb is placed on the vegetables with the cut facing up and slices lined over the cut.
Herb oil and broth spread on top.